When you smile, do you feel the appearance of your upper teeth is overshadowed by excessive gum tissue? Are you of the opinion that your upper teeth appear too short compared to the amount of gingival tissue displayed when you smile? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, you may have a condition that is commonly called a “gummy smile” or excessive gingival display.
Gummy smile can have a negative affect on the esthetics of your smile. The good news is that Bliss Skin and Dental Clinic is well trained to get your gummy smile corrected through various treatment options. Depending on the nature of your specific clinical condition, treatment could include one or more of the following:
• Same-day laser treatments (in minor cases).
• Cheek botox treatment to drop the drape around the gums.
• Surgical lip repositioning.
• Orthodontics (braces) to move the teeth into more suitable positions.
• Surgical Sculpting of the gingival tissues and bone to create healthier and more attractive looking gum contours.
• Maxillofacial surgery to reposition the bone.